Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good riddance, 2010

2011 is here. 2010 is gone.

All I can say is, thank God.

While 2010 had some awesome moments (graduating college, drum corps, a successful FHS band season), mostly 2010 sucked. I won't go into the list of whys exactly, but know it's much longer than the good moments. It seemed like that kind of year for a lot of people I know.

However, I know that I can do some things to ensure that 2011 is a better year. What are those things?

- Do some sort of exercise 4-5 times a week. It doesn't have to be cardio. Yoga counts. So does running around the gym at winter guard practices.

- Do something once a week that is just for me. Whether that's redbox a movie, or go out to a meal, or something that's free. I remember a lot of the weeks in 2010 would pass and I didn't really do anything "fun". Taking that time to do something will recharge my batteries and give me a reason to get through the "not-fun".

- Write something at least 4-5 times a week. Work does not count. But everything else does.

- Get up and go to church on Sundays. Even if it isn't the most spiritually fulfilling that week, it's nice to see everyone.

- Do a better job at keeping in touch with people. Make trips to see people. Tell people I appreciate them.

I think those five things are not overwhelming and are quite doable.

So, I'm going to get to it!

No comments: