Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Writings of...the unemployed

I am still jobless.

Well, scratch that. I have a part-time job that I love - teaching color guard to loving high school students. But it pays very little, so I'm trying to find something else. Anything else, really. I'm living at home, and though I am grateful to have a home, I am tiring of it. I would love to have an apartment, but right now that's not just feasible.

So what do I do?

I obsess about the band show this year (which ends in two weeks), I troll Craigslist, I knit a LOT, and have I mentioned that I look at Craigslist?

I know a job will come along. It will be the right job for the time, even if it only fulfills my bank account and not my soul. Teaching guard takes care of the soul-fulfilling part. It's just hard to be patient, especially when NPR pieces talk about how the economy is not just getting any better. Thanks for that injection of hope, employee-of-NPR.

But I will keep up hope!
While I fill out another job application...

No comments: