Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Goodbye, March

It's hard to imagine that March with all its thirty-one days is finished. April looms ahead with papers, deadlines, books to read, and the final reading/study day of my college career. However, the start of April looks to be beautiful, as March is finishing up nicely. The weather here is perfect - sunny, slightly breezy, and warm. If April promises to start as nicely, then good riddance, March. You were rainy, cold, and stressful.

I feel like recently, there have been chinks taken out of my faith in humanity. The lies, cheating, and scandal that have become commonplace headlines are just a part of it. I don't want to discuss my feelings for health care bill or any actual political views, but the lack of civility by demonstrators on both sides saddens me. Have we lost all humanity that we cannot hold discussions on our differing opinions without resulting to death threats, spitting, and throwing bricks? I am all for being passionate about what you believe, but please, do it with a grain of civility. If this is a shadow of how we will behave in the future, I do not want any part of it.

However, whenever I feel like I am surrounded by the news of negativity, the little actions of friends and strangers always cheer me up. Whether I read about a good Samaritan in the paper or someone holds the door for me instead of letting it fall in my face, those moments restore my faith in humanity.

So here's to the closing of March and the promise of a busy but exciting April. I just hope the weather stays this nice the entire month.

No comments: